Have you ever thought of having your own ‘Personal Director’?
There are two ways to work with me, the Oscar level is where you do most of the work while I act as your guide. The Independent Spirit level is the most personalized way to work together. We’ll produce your current project on a one-to-one basis. See below for details.
The average internet user watches over 200 videos per month. How are you going to stand out in the virtual crowd? There are now literally BILLIONS of page views on the internet every month. Video on the internet is no longer ‘new’. Nowadays people expect to have a better viewing experience or they’ll move on. People’s standards have risen and everyone loves a crisp, clear, captivating video to watch.
Better Videos Get Better Results
and Better Videos Generate more Revenue!
By developing a comfortable relationship with your camera, ie. your audience, you’ll become and stay viewable, remain visible and be memorable. It’s you and your message. If you come across uncomfortable or unnatural or ‘too much in your head’ on camera you’ll end up sending your visitors along their merry way where they’ll continue searching elsewhere to find what they are looking for. Oof, bad word - elsewhere.
The answer is - get yourself a ‘Director’. It’s not just for Hollywood types.
In the world of film a Director is; (quoted from Wikipedia): “A film director is a person who directs the actors and crew in the making of a film. They control a film’s artistic and dramatic aspects, while guiding the technical crew and actors.” In other words, a Director turns a story into a movie.
“A moving picture speaks 10,000 words”.
One of my favorite film directors is Clint Eastwood. He is known for communicating with finesse on the movie set. When saying the commonly known word, “Action” he’ll say it with the grace of an Olympic figure skater. (The word Action simply lets the crew and the actors know that the camera is rolling, this is not a rehearsal, it’s the real thing known as a ‘take’). Many parodies of the Hollywood director has them standing up shouting through a cone, “Action”, demonstrating that the event is more about them than the scene they are about to shoot. (Think of Ed Wood). I’ve read how director Clint Eastwood will speak the word ‘Action’ so that his verbal passion is not an interference to the actors who may be prepping for a scene that requires intimate sensitivity. It takes a certain finesse to evoke the appropriate comfort or energy level for the ‘actor’, also known as the ‘talent’….yes, that would be you – on camera, on video, on-line. I can make it easy for you – the person the camera is pointing at.
As an Award-winning filmaker, videographer, producer, director and editor I’ve learned that the most important phase of the production process is to provide an element of comfort for the on-camera talent. Let’s face it, not everyone in front of the camera these days has any training especially with the explosion of D.I. Y. marketing, (the do-it-yourself-er on-line video marketer). Don’t get me wrong, I love D.I.Y.’ers! They are motivated and love to learn.
Speaking to a camera lens is a different story, it’s not the same as a live audience. Why is it so different in front of a camera? I can tell you in one word - Interaction - or, the lack of it, unless you have the right ‘direction from a gifted Director’. This is what I’m offering, on camera coaching.
It is essential for the on-camera talent to come across naturally and confident. Why?
Simply because you want people to trust you…don’t you? .
OK, so if you are considering getting in front of the camera to promote yourself, your idea, your course, your website, your message…you will have greater success if you come across with what is known as ‘presence’. You and your message must come across clear, confident and concise. At the same time the video format you choose needs to give you the best image quality possible. And, what about a mobile ready video format so your viewers can watch your videos on an iPhone, iPad or other mobile device? That’s the technical side of production. You can get some decent image quality on a lower budget these days but if you do not encode it properly the video quality will diminish and your viewers experience will suffer.
To succeed with your promotional videos I’ll help you:
* Improve your on-camera presence – #1 importance!
* Learn what it really means to focus
* Get physically and emotionally grounded in your message
* Learn to ‘get out of your head’ and speak from your heart
* Learn to ‘touch’ your audience – yes, even in the 2D world of video
* Simplify and target your message
If you are a do-it-yourself-er I will also help you with:
* Choosing the best equipment to use for your budget, or, learn how to hire a production crew
* Titles, graphics, music, editing and exporting and embedding your videos
* Encoding options for on-line and mobile device viewing
* Video hosting platforms
Once you have your message ‘in the can’ now you need to get it out to the market.
* Learn about the best packaging options for physical products such as DVD’s and CD’s
* Learn to utilize social networking to reach gazillions of fans
* Learn about off-line marketing options to reach your local market
Or, if you find that you don’t have the desire or the time to do it all…allow me to oversee your production.
Let’s ‘get it done’ – and YES, this can be done remotely if you do not live nearby. You gotta love modern technology! If you want to be seen, literally, in the best light then get yourself a Personal Director. Allow me to direct you on camera and put you in front of your market.
Use this form to ask me any question you want about video production. Tell me about yourself and what you want to get out of this relationship with me as your Personal Director. You can even register for a consultation at no cost to you! (Please respect my time, I like to reserve these no cost consultations for people who are truly interested and committed to improving their message through video!)
If it feels right you can register for my members area to receive my video coaching lessons. There are 4 levels of membership that include on-line information and/or a most unique experience working with me on a one to one basis, your experience with me as your Personal Director.
Let’s get started. There are two ways to work with me:
1. The Oscar member level offers general information about the Video Production process. Learn about the phases of production and how to organize your message from idea to disc to digital. I’ll critique your video, (if you already have some videos), along with suggestions for your first steps to make improvements.
2. The Independent Spirit level is the most personalized level. As well as access to all of the content in the Oscar member level you will receive personal one on one coaching with me. I only take a certain number of ‘students’ at this level simply due to the time I dedicate to working together. There may be a waiting list so please let me know of your intentions asap if you are interested in working with me on a one on one basis. With sophisticated online technology we’ll be able to meet virtually, unless of course you live nearby and we can meet face to face. I want to hear about your vision and help you actualize your goals. I will help you expand your current skills, develop your on-camera presence and improve your overall production value. Together we’ll create a production plan to make the best videos for you possible!
By the way, I’ve had a hand in all of the videos on this site. Some are my own productions and many are examples where I have partnered with clients. Together we have created a video message that they are thrilled with and are experiencing a great deal of success with.
Register for my video coaching program now and together let’s
Make Your Video’s Better!
This is a photo of me on location at Antelope Island just north of Salt Lake City, Utah where we shot 3 different DVD programs for Marie Favorito of the Boston Healing Tao, here ia an example.